Workshop band saw
The band saw is used for sawing wood products, plywood, fiberboard and MDF. There are varieties of it that can dissolve the logs on the boards. Professional band saw is most often used in large and medium-sized industries, where the speed and volume of material processing is important. But recently it has become popular among domestic craftsmen. With a band saw you can cut flat details of different thickness. Only in contrast to the jigsaw, both hands are free to work on this equipment, and a comfortable wide bed is offered for the movement of the workpiece. Most often, a band saw is used for cutting blanks of complex curved lines.We cut out the grooves with the jig saw under the tensioner, the frame and the fastening of the drums. To make the holes and grooves more identical, you need to fasten the parts with a pair of clamps before cutting. As a result, we should have two pairs of different frames.Now you need to glue the plywood with wood glue or PVA, and connect all parts of the base. For better pressing, you can compress the edges of the gluing clamps.We make a belt tensioner from a small wooden bar or two spliced pieces of plywood. It should fit tightly into the groove as per the guides. We muffle it with a wooden plank so that the tension screw passes through it, securing it to the screws.
The principle of the band sawOn the vertical frame are fixed two disc-drum, transmitting the torque from the engine to the metal sawing belt. In the sawing area on the bed is a desktop placed horizontally.It is the movement of blanks and sawing them on the principle of jigsaw.
Prepare materials and toolsMaterials:
- Plywood 16-18 mm;
- Bearings under the diameter of the shaft of the drums;
- Metal threaded rods for shafts, diameter - 10-12 mm;
- Cutting tape;
- Insulating tape;
- Bolts, nuts, screws, wood glue or PVA.
- Circular saw;
- Drill or drilling machine;
- Emery on wood;
- Measuring tape, pencil, sandpaper .
Making a band sawOur machine is almost completely made of plywood. Therefore, for the base frame, we cut out four identical strips of plywood on a circular or jigsaw, as shown in the photo. It is advisable to take more thickness.
- Turns of the machine should be selected by practical consideration, starting with small ones.
- Watch the finger movement, since the most injuries in the carpentry are from such machines.
- In large factory machines, the drums are protected with housings so that only the area of the sawing table is open. It is also worthwhile to attach additional means of protection against breaking the tape to this device, which unfortunately are not indicated by the author.
Date: 08.10.2018, 13:29 / Views: 33253
Postcards of interesting shape for March 8
Lindsay Lohan does not support the victims of harassment and the movement MeToo
Gerbera flower: home care
Aquarium in a light bulb
Crafts from natural materials