What to do if a child has diffuse attention syndrome?
If your child can not concentrate on one thing and does not know how to concentrate, then this can greatly hinder him in life. Probably, in this case we are talking about attention deficit disorder. And how to identify and fix such a problem?
What it is?
Deficiency of attention in children is often called attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome (abbreviated ADHD). This condition is accompanied by various deviations and disorders of behavior, mental activity, and social activity. This term appeared relatively recently. To use it began at the end of the last century.
But as a diagnosis, this state began to be regarded only in this century. Today, ADHD is diagnosed in about every 10-15th child. Most often, the problem is found at the age of 4 to 9 years (it is simply impossible to make an accurate diagnosis before). Surprisingly, every year the number of children with such a problem increases, some experts even talk about a kind of epidemic.
Boys suffer from ADHD more often than girls by 3-5 times.In adults, such a deviation is also found, but more often the children outgrow it. In some cases, manifestations persist in adulthood, but become not so pronounced.
In total, there are several types of attention deficit:
- Separate attention deficit without any other obvious manifestations.
- Deficiency of attention, combined with impulsiveness. This is a more complicated case.
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity. A complex state that significantly complicates learning, socialization and other processes.
- Mixed type. The most difficult option, this state can have a variety of manifestations.
How does it manifest itself?
How does the syndrome of diffuse attention in children manifest? Here are some possible signs of such a condition:
- A child cannot concentrate his attention on one thing. This leads to errors in the performance of both school assignments and simple household duties.
- It may seem that the child does not listen to you or does not understand what you are talking about.
- Restlessness, impossibility and unwillingness to sit in one place and for a long time to do some one particular business.
- Difficulties in complying with instructions, instructions, prescriptions.
- Difficulties in self-organization and self-control.
- Confusion in the room and the workplace.
- The child is quickly distracted.
- Often there is forgetfulness. But it is not related to memory problems, but to the impossibility of concentrating on one thing.
- The child often loses or forgets his things.
- It seems that the child is not goal-oriented, but in fact he simply does not understand how to go to his goal to the end, because he can not concentrate on it.
- Difficulties in interaction with peers, with teachers, with relatives and friends.
- Behavior problems Often children with the syndrome of distracted attention are disobedient, noisy, rude, doing everything to spite.
- Carelessness, carelessness.
- The child is constantly spinning, cannot sit in one place, jerks with legs and hands, gets up from the spot (even when it is forbidden), tries to climb somewhere, break something.
- Often these children are very talkative, but at the same time they cannot keep up the conversation on one particular topic.
- The child answers the questions without listening to the end.
- Impatience. For example, standing in a queue or waiting is a real test for such a child.
- Often, children with attention deficit disorder are obsessive and may seem to be rude.
What causes the scattered attention syndrome?
The nature of the development of such a state is still unknown, but there are several assumptions and theories. We list the possible reasons:
- Most scientists agree that the hereditary factor plays an important role. Special genes have been identified that may influence behavior and provoke some manifestations of the diffuse effect syndrome.
- Deterioration of the ecological situation. Some experts believe that certain adverse environmental conditions can trigger the development of ADHD.
- Birth trauma in the child and complications in the process of childbirth (craniocerebral trauma, asphyxia, protracted or difficult births) and related problems and conditions.
- Diseases suffered by the future mother during gestation and complications during pregnancy: intrauterine infections, hypoxia, entanglement by the umbilical cord, smoking and alcohol consumption by a woman during pregnancy, uterine hypertonus and the threat of miscarriage, rhesus-conflict, abnormal fetus and so on.
- Craniocerebral injuries can also have a certain effect.
- Some diseases of the child, such as heart or lung failure, kidney disease, brain disease, asthma.
- Diseases suffered in the first months of life, accompanied by a significant increase in temperature (this increase has an extremely negative effect on the state of the brain of the child).
Making an accurate diagnosis is not so easy, because all the above symptoms can occur in other pathological conditions, diseases and disorders. Therefore, a specialist should monitor the state and behavior of the child in the dynamics, as well as eliminate other diseases.
A special role is played by parents who, at the request of the doctor, must accurately describe the peculiarities of the behavior of their children in certain situations. It may take several months to make an accurate and definitive diagnosis.
How to get rid of the problem?
It is worth noting that in some cases, children develop ADHD. But this is possible only under the condition of a long and constant work of doctors, parents and loved ones.
Here are some measures that may include treatment of diffuse attention syndrome:
- Acceptance of some drugs. It is necessary only in case of obvious and serious deviations and violations. Children may be given sedatives. The use of potent drugs in childhood is dangerous and harmful. Any funds should prescribe a doctor.
- Lifestyle change mode. So, if a child at school cannot sit still and is far behind his peers, then it makes sense to switch to home schooling. Individual approach and adjustment of the training program will make the process as comfortable as possible for the child and effective. It is extremely important to organize the daily routine. His observance will help discipline the child and accustom him to order.
- The specialist should advise parents and tell how best to organize the activities of the children, how to behave in certain situations. First, you should not force the child to something, it will only anger him. Secondly, be patient and do not be nervous, otherwise the child will be nervous. Thirdly, always show the fumes that you love him.
- In some cases, regular visits to the psychologist, certain exercises and exercises are required.
- Sport can help.He will provide the output of energy and will allow disciplining the child.
Health and success to your child!
Date: 08.10.2018, 11:21 / Views: 85144
When to celebrate Vet Day
A tree that attracts money
10 tricky ways to remove stains that every hostess should take note
Wooden pallets are just made for your country house
A unique mousetrap from improvised means: primitive and effective
Russian Rapunzel admired the whole of its history
29 culinary tricks and advice. Be sure to save yourself