What is diarrhea?
Many people have sometimes come across such trouble as diarrhea. Here we will tell you in detail about what diarrhea is, what are its symptoms and possible causes.
Diarrhea is the presence of three or more liquid or watery stools per day.
Symptoms of diarrhea, in addition to loose stools, can be:
- poor general well-being;
- abdominal and stomach pain;
Causes of diarrhea can be:
- Osmotic is the excess of water in the human body. May be caused by a large intake of water, intake of laxative. It may also manifest due to too much magnesium or vitamin C in the body;
- infection - when ingested (most often with food and water) into the body of various bacteria, viruses or parasites. Therefore, you should always wash your hands before eating and try not to drink raw water;
- Enteropathy is the impossibility of absorbing certain foods. For example, intolerance to fructose, lactose, grains. It happens due to diseases of the small intestine or pancreas;
- inflammatory bowel disease.For example, ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- chronic ingestion of ethanol;
- taking large quantities of antibiotics (especially in infants and the elderly);
- ischemic bowel disease. Usually manifested in the elderly (most likely due to blocked arteries);
- hormone secreting tumor. For example, an excess of serotonin due to a specific tumor.
What you need to remember
- If diarrhea does not disappear after three days and / or there is blood in the stool, then an urgent need to consult a doctor to avoid complications;
- It is possible to become infected with diarrhea if you eat food prepared by a person who did not wash his hands before preparing it, and he suffers from diarrhea.
Date: 08.10.2018, 16:44 / Views: 55384
Postcards of interesting shape for March 8
Simple and affordable dishes of green peas
Yeast Brew Dough Snacks with Liver
Yummy curd in just 15 minutes
Paper flower table decoration