What does truffle oil taste like?
Truffles are delicious and very expensive mushrooms, especially popular in France and used in the traditional cuisine of this country. Not everyone knows that there is a truffle oil. Is it useful? And how to choose it?
What is this product?
Truffle oil is a noble and rather expensive product, if, of course, it is natural. But, unfortunately, finding really high-quality products is very difficult, as unscrupulous manufacturers cheat consumers and add aromatic additives to ordinary vegetable oils that have the characteristic smell of delicious mushrooms. The original product may contain a small percentage of real truffle oil or be infused with them (or processing residues). One way or another, the share of mushrooms in the composition is negligible.
If you think that you can feel the taste of truffles in oil, then you are greatly mistaken. Even if these mushrooms are included in the composition, they will definitely not fully convey their qualities. The only thing you can count on is a pleasant light, earthy scent.
Is truffle oil good for you?
Since the truffles themselves and their components in the composition are very few, the benefits of the vegetable oil itself are more accessible.
Useful properties of truffle oil:
- It is rich in vitamin E, and above all, it is a powerful natural antioxidant. This means that tocopherol neutralizes the adverse effects of free radicals, which can lead to cell degeneration and the development of cancer, as well as to premature aging of tissues and their oxidation.
- The above-described vitamin E is also very useful for the skin, because it provides it with good nutrition and intense hydration.
- Also in the composition are vitamins of group B, performing many important functions. So, they take part in most of the metabolic processes occurring in the body, such as lipid, water-salt, water-electrolyte, carbohydrate and others. And this means that by consuming the oil in moderation, you can normalize the general metabolism.
- B vitamins are necessary for stabilization and improvement of the nervous system, as they contribute to the restoration of nerve fibers and cells, improve sleep, prevent the negative effects of stress.
- It is useful to use truffle oil during pregnancy and at the planning stage, as it ensures the harmonious development of the unborn child and significantly reduces the risks of developing fetal abnormalities, such as neural tube formation disorders.
- All the same vitamin E will help put in order the hormones, especially women. In addition, it has a positive effect on fertility, that is, it increases the chances of successfully conceiving and carrying out a healthy child.
- If you use such oil in cosmetology, it will help to provide nutrition and hydration of the skin, as well as stimulate the synthesis of elastin and collagen, restoring elasticity, youth and freshness.
Tip: Do not use oil in excessive quantities, and not only because of its high cost. Remember that the caloric value of 100 grams of the product reaches 700-800 calories, so it just can not be called dietary and light.
How to apply such a product?
How to use truffle oil? First of all, it is used in cooking. But it is worth remembering that natural truffles lose most of their amazing properties during heat treatment, so it's definitely not worth frying on this oil.
To supplement and transform with the help of such an exquisite dish supplement, enter it at the final stages of cooking or practically before serving. Try experimenting with meat, fish, side dishes, pasta, snacks. Also truffle oil will be an excellent dressing for any salad.
Use truffle oil and cosmetology. For example, try replacing them with the usual vegetable in the preparation of various masks. Also, it will be a useful additive to the cream or other means. And you can apply it on the skin in its pure form, it is also very useful. And this oil is almost universal, as it has a positive effect on the skin of the hands, face and body, and on the hair, and even on the nails.
How to make butter yourself?
Truffle oil can be made by yourself. Here is what you need for this:
- 500-600 ml of vegetable oil (preferably olive oil);
- tablespoon of truffles (suitable and fresh, and canned).
- If you have fresh truffle, then it should be wiped with a napkin to remove contamination. Next, thin slices cut it. Just chop the canned truffle with a knife.
- Prepare a glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Put crushed truffle into it, pour oil on it.
- Capacity close tightly and clean in a cool and preferably dark place.
- Insist oil for a week, or two. Strain it if desired, but this is optional.
- With the help of truffle oil, you can change, complement and transform almost any recipes: any dish with such an additive will acquire an exquisite pleasant aroma and light interesting flavor.
- If you want to choose a natural oil, then pay attention to the bottom of the bottle, which may contain sediment or pieces of truffles.
- Carefully read the composition. If it has truffles or their oil, you have a natural product.
If you manage to try truffle oil, you can appreciate its aroma and interesting taste.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:39 / Views: 72295
Homeopathy and Herbal Medicine
Why provincials successful Muscovites and married and in career
How to choose the right dishes
Change the zipper without a strut parts
How to cook the tour in Armenian