One-Pot Chicken Chasseur
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 4 ounces chicken and sauce | Calories: 290 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 152 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts or legs, skin-on
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (1 pint) button or baby bella mushrooms, cut into quarters or halves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium preferred
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy bottomed pot. Salt and pepper the chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through so that the outside is golden brown. Set the chicken aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and the onion to the pot, and cook for 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add garlic, cook for about 1 minute until golden and fragrant. Add the mushrooms, cook for 3- 4 minutes, or until the water has been released and evaporated. Stir in the flour and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the wine slowly. Scrape the bottom of the pan while cooking to get any frond from the bottom. Stir in the tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return to the chicken to the pot, add the stock, salt and pepper, and cover and allow to simmer for 15- 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken to serve. Chicken skin may be removed before adding the sauce, if preferred.
Video: A Really Simple, One Pot Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur
The Importance of Omega-3s in a Heart-Healthy Diet
Style Du Monde on What It’s Like to be a Street StylePhotographer
How to Cure Numbness in Your Feet and Toes
The Coolest Cardio Workout You Havent Tried
A wasteful deployment
How to Choose Foods to Keep You Hydrated
Taking selfies is actually good for your health
Stick To Your New Years Resolution With This Home Gym Equipment—On Sale Now
Gwyneth Paltrow Says She’s Going Through Perimenopause At 46—But What Is That
Dwyane Wade Shares His Biggest Insecurity in ESPNs Body Issue