Making a cover for a fabric book
Making a cover for a book from a fabric- making a book cover using embroidery motifs.
Materials and tools:
- cotton fabric
- Lining (fleece fabric or batting).
Removing sizes - Getting the exact size
- Height: measure the height of the book, add to the size obtained from both sides of 1.5 cm for the allowance for the seam and another 6 mm (landing allowance).
- Width: measure the width of the opened book: from the right edge of the front side of the book cover through the binding to the left edge of the back cover of the book
- Pockets: the width of the pockets should be half the width of the front of the book. To get the final width, add two pockets widths to the already measured width of the book.
- Now that you have the height and width of the cover, add 1.5 cm to each of the four sides for the seam allowance.
Pattern - Fabric Preparation
Base fabric:Cut the fabric to the desired size, taking into account the seam allowance.
Lining fabric:Trim the lining fabric to a size that matches the size of the main fabric part.
Gasket:Trim the material to a size that includes an allowance for landing and does not include an allowance for seams and pockets (otherwise the cover inside the book will be too bulky).
When the fabric is ready, you can start making the cover for the notebook.
Fold the edges of the main fabric 1.5 cm along the entire perimeter and iron. Lay the fabric face down, put the gasket on top, then tuck it under the curved edges of the base fabric. Remember that the cushioning material should be centered relative to the width of the fabric.
Sew the wrapped edges of the fabric to the gasket material, then make sure that the stitches do not grip the fabric on the front side of the cover. Lay the lining fabric over the cushioning material and tuck its edges inward so that they align with the edges of the base fabric. Sew a fabric with hidden stitches. Sew the wrapped edges of the fabric to the gasket material, then make sure that the stitches do not grip the fabric on the front side of the cover.Place the unfolded book in the center of the stitched cover and pin the pockets on top and bottom. Now sew the top and bottom of each pocket. To securely fasten them in place, sew stitches through all layers of fabric. Insert the front and back of your book cover into the pockets.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:37 / Views: 34455
Shoes with a split thumb - a fashion trend or another designer joke
Repair of upholstered furniture at home: all the subtleties of the workflow
Honey and Champagne Fondue
How to sew a pillow dog with his own hands
Hedgehogs attack Incredible garden decor from a plastic bottle
Wonderful Cake of Diapers