How to Find the Faith to Endure Life's Storms According to the Bible
Here is the account of one storm found in Mark 4:35-41 concerning how Jesus dealt with the disciples who were with Him. More than that there are key points relating to how we can overcome storms such as trials, afflictions and persecutions faced in everyday life - especially in this time of economic crisis in the world.
"Stay your mind" on the promise of the Lord to "comfort and guide you, by His Holy Spirit abiding with you:forever". Glorify God by living as hopefully as possible, during the "stormy" difficulties, anxious or boring routine. Now,there remains [fresh] faith, hope and charity", loving your neighbor. Don't give in to hate, in/through days of weathering life's wind and rain, lashing you; be kind; get some rest; sleep; relax more, if possible; don't fear every unknown ebb and flow of life. We may wonder, Lord, will I ever reach my destination. We may say as Job: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him".
Trust and obey God's law of love:"Love one another. Love your enemy (so, don't be cruel or hateful)" -- and so, keep your hopes alive. Ever feel you would never make it? Wait on the Lord as Mary and Martha who endured difficult days as their brother Lazarus sickened, grew worse and died, all while Jesus didn't show up. But, then He came when hope seemed gone and raised there brother to new life. It's not too late for new life, in faith, hope and living out your charity/love.
Keep your faithfulness (seamanship) in the storm.We prove God's word in adversity--not in calm "waters", in work or school. We prove it when the storm has lasted for two weeks or two months or two years or two decades, we need assurance that He is with us. In storms when the frail ship would be blasted to bits there stands by you in the night the angel of God, saying. "Fear not in the storms..."
Keep your anchor deep in God's word, in Christ.We need security in the surface storm, seeing that God never forsakes us. Our assurance must be rooted in the faithfulness of God to keep us...for better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness, and in health and in life and in death.
Don't let angry become a self defeating habit.Hate eats away inside the hater. Do not let the sun set on your anger. Forgive and forget. Maturity means you understand that it is not a bed of roses. It is very difficult to manhandle life. Don't second-guess God; believe His love is for you. We are the vessel as His creature, He is filling us as the giver of life, our Creator, God!
Ask Lord:Teach me in this storm--instead of doing what we want--just to find our own ways.
Stay with the "ship" of faith so you will make it safely to the other shore.You see "storms". Some will blow up and calm down in a hurry. Some will last a while and threaten your tranquility for long periods of time. You may even see a few shipwrecks, where life is a challenge.
Find the truth to help you to endure through every day.Life offers cloudy days, and there have been many. All power is in the name of Jesus and not in any other name.
Call on the name of Jesus as His Spirit is always with you and He calms down the storms that hit me.
Turn to Jesus, if you are going through any kind of storm in your life today.
Obey the word of God completely and you will have the power to handle any situation that you may face in life.Jesus never fails us. He is the same today as He was yesterday and will be. And He loves you and me so much.
Find Jesus and the real way to be saved and then the void you feel in your life is filled.You will never have been so happy in your life. Why not jump into the arms of a loving God? Though the storms rage high and the dark clouds roll, you don't need to worry. You'll be sheltered, safe within the arms of God.
The Background Bible Story
Mark 4:36-41 (KJV)
- Jesus himself proposed putting to sea at night
- They did not put to sea, till they had sent away the multitude after they met all the needs of the multitude.
- They took Jesus without any extra clothing to keep him warm.
- The storm was so great the ship became full of water
- There were other little ships with them probably to take those who were afraid to go with Jesus in the larger ship.
- Jesus was asleep during that storm in the hinder part of the ship.
- The disciples encouraged themselves knowing they had their master with them.
- After a while though, they became afraid and did not understand why Jesus slept during the storm.
- Finally the disciples became afraid and woke up Jesus.
- Their reply to Jesus was this, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
- Jesus command to the storm was this, Peace, be still. When Mark recorded, “‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm” (v. 39), he meant that Jesus told the sea to be silent, be hushed, and be muzzled like a wild beast; the verb tense of be still indicates Jesus told it to be muzzled and stay that way. Ceased means the sea sank to rest as if exhausted, worn out by the labor of its beating.
- The storm ended at the command of Jesus.
- A word of comfort , that, be the storm of trouble ever so loud, ever so strong, Jesus Christ can lay it with a word's speaking.
Key Points in The Storm:
- Storms come and go.
- Raging billows in the form of trials, testings and even illness will come and it may be difficult to make it through them.
- There is potential to take lives physically, spiritually, or emotionally.
- There can be miraculous delivery but not always.
- Storms on the sea of Galilee are likely to last only hours.
- Storms in our lives may last for days, weeks or even months.
- Some blow in with a vengeance and test every resource there is even to the point of despair.
- Sometimes storms calm down instantly.
- Other times it takes a long time.
- In this story we see Jesus standing in that fishing boat, waves dashing against the boat nearly full of water.
- His hair is wet from the spray and He cried out. "Peace! Be Still!"
- Jesus brought immediate answer to the storm and it was over.
- Many times Jesus did this.
- The centurion who had a sick servant came to Jesus was healed instantly.
- The crowds who came to hear Jesus were hungry and within minutes 5,000 were fed.
- Immediate answers are wonderful.
- However, the buffering of the gale is much longer.
- The answer to prayer seems delayed sometimes and slow coming.
- Everyone likes immediate answers to prayer.
- Jesus will answer in His time either with an instant yes, no, or simply wait .
- He will answer according to His will.
- Hold on to this and you’ll find strength through your trials and tribulations. Read Luke 6:48-49, the flood waters will rise up and winds blow & rage against both the believer’s and the non-believer’s house. The key is your foundation! What is your life built upon when the flood waters do rage against you; will you remain steadfast? Knowing Jesus doesn’t mean or guarantee that you will have an easy life free from pain; but having Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior will mean for you, that you will never ever be destroyed by life’s storms!
- Chin up…you are loved by the Master who created you; He will not turn away from you now! It is the people who turn away, not God. Ask yourself this question: What artist, in creating a masterpiece, would allow the masterpiece to be destroyed by others? You and your loved ones are God’s poetry, His finest workmanship; God will never turn away from you!
QuestionHow can I forgive someone who constantly attacks me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGod says to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you. So, pray for that person. Do small acts of kindness for him or her. God will give you the grace to withstand this person's abuse, if you ask Him to, and may even use you to teach this person about His love.Thanks!
Video: Encouragement To Endure to the End - Jesse Barrington
15 Tips for Lasting Weight Loss
8 Benefits Of Eating Bitter Gourd During Pregnancy
5 Ways to Slim Down That Require Zero Willpower
When Should I Tuck My Shirt In
How to Manage Mental Illness in a Marriage
Eric Johnson on Going Fifty Shades Darker
Hair Color Trends 2019
Little Black Dress is top style icon
How to Make Ice Cream with Milk
Airline advertises for actors to fill seats
How Putting Performance First Is Saving My Body Image
This 20-Minute Workout Will Help You Lose Weight—No Gym Required
The Q A column: Where I (sort of) answer questions you (sort of) asked
DMarge TAG Heuer Celebrate A Fine Night In With The Heuer 01