How to decorate a mirror?
Watch the video
Designers consider the mirror an important element of the interior, because it can allow to expand the space of the room, add light to it. Well, if you want the mirror to become part of the decor and not just bore hanging on the wall, but to attract attention, try decorating it with your own hands. Even an old mirror can be turned into a beautiful interior zone.
Decoupage is a very fashionable technique today that allows you to turn old things into unusual and beautiful interior elements. What can help decoupage technique in the design of the mirror? Well, for example, you can decorate the frame. About this and tell.
We will need:
- decoupage paper;
- white watercolor paint;
- glue for decoupage and brush for it;
- rubber roller;
- spray paint;
Let's start the creative process:
- Carefully skins the surface of the frame with sandpaper. The mirror itself can be covered with a newspaper so as not to stain it.
- Ground the surface with white acrylic paint. It is better to apply several layers of primer.
- We cut out the decor elements from decoupage paper, place them on the frame in the composition.
- We take each element in turn, immerse it in water for a couple of seconds, then dry it with a napkin or soft cloth, smear it with glue, place it on the frame and roll it with a rubber roller. It is possible to use the brush for fixing the element, but the roller will provide a tighter fit and allow air bubbles to be expelled.
- We wait until the composition dries, after which we fix it with an aerosol varnish.
- All! Our frame is ready! We place it on the wall and please the household.
Drawings on the mirror
You can decorate not only the frame, but also the mirror itself. To do this, prepare:
- stretch film;
- glass marker;
- acrylic paints;
- varnish (normal or spray).
So let's get started:
- We print in mirror image the image that I want to transfer to the mirror.
- Put on top of the stretch film and circle all the faces with a marker for glass.
- We transfer the film to the mirror (pictured down) and press it down well. Thus, we obtained approximate boundaries of our pattern on the mirror.
- Using the resulting boundaries, draw a picture with acrylic paints (you can buy special paints on glass).
- We are waiting for the picture to dry.If a marker peeps out from under the paint, remove it with a cotton swab dipped in water.
- Cover the picture with varnish.
Other ways to decorate
Of course, there are plenty of ways to decorate a mirror with your own hands. For example, you can decorate it with a mosaic of broken plates, shells, beads, or a bottle (a special brass foil imitating processing with gold leaf). You can also decorate the frame with a linen rope, and the bathroom mirror will look great in a frame of clothespins.
Date: 09.10.2018, 06:53 / Views: 95132
Caesar with shrimps
Making Christmas decorations in rustic style
30 Flawless Examples of Using Ombre Techniques in the Interior
Why handicraft improves mood 6 good reasons
Original invitation to a bachelorette party
Miniature Soldering Iron