How to cook the right Greek salad
The Greeks themselves called the Greek salad "horiatica", which translates as "rustic." And indeed: all the ingredients are large and, seemingly, carelessly sliced. Nothing to do with fine dining. When it comes to the ingredients and the way of serving, the Greeks have a negative attitude towards any variations. They follow only one valid recipe.
Ingredients for Classic Greek Salad
- Average cucumber
- Greek olives
- Small onion
- 1 piece of feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
Greek salad preparation method
- Chop the tomatoes (do not cut into cubes).
- Peel the cucumber and cut into slices, you can also cut the slices in half.
- Chop the onion into thin circular rings.
- All vegetables placed in a deep bowl, mix, add whole olives.
- Put a large piece of feta cheese on top without crushing it.
- Pour the salad with a small amount of olive oil and wine vinegar, you can salt, but feta cheese already gives the salad the necessary flavor
- Sprinkle whole oregano salad
The secret of delicious Greek salad is the high quality of ingredients: ripe tomatoes, juicy olives, oregano that has not lost its flavor, and a real feta.
What can and can not be added to the Greek salad
The Greeks themselves allow the addition of green pepper to the salad. You can also eliminate wine vinegar. According to the classic recipe, you cannot break the feta with a fork, add red pepper, lettuce leaves or Peking cabbage. At the end of the meal, you can take a piece of bread and dip it in the remaining mixture of olive oil, tomato juice and crumbs of feta - the pleasure is guaranteed.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:38 / Views: 51172
What watches are in fashion
How to decorate a mirror
Everything about choosing a double wardrobe
How to lose weight by 20 kg per month
And what makes Hercules different from oatmeal
Russian stove in the interior: current trends
Windshield on the VAZ 2109
The most fashionable and stylish coats, Winter 2015-2016, photo