How to cook lamb?
Lamb is not as common on our table as other types of meat, but from it you can cook a lot of favorite dishes. For example, it is believed that the best pilaf is obtained from lamb meat. Cuisine of different nations offer a variety of lamb dishes. Highly appreciated Bulgarian yahniya, ram with dogwood sauce in a Caucasian and Moldovan lamb gland.
How to choose the lamb
Before you learn how to cook lamb, you need to learn how to choose the meat. A ready-made dish directly depends on the choice of fresh meat. You can buy lamb at any time of the year on the market or in the store. Here are some tips for choosing the best piece:
- It is preferable to choose the meat of young lambs.
- Do not take meat with an unpleasant smell.
- Meat should have a light shade and elastic whitish fat.
- The bones must be porous in structure.
- Red and stringy meat occurs in adult sheep, and will remain tough after cooking.
How to cook lamb pilaf
If you want to learn how to cook lamb pilaf, then, above all,familiarize yourself with the three main stages of cooking this dish:
- Sizzling vegetable oil.
- Roasting vegetables and lamb.
- Adding rice.
Based on these actions, you can experiment with the ingredients of your choice. The main thing is to learn how to cook real pilaf according to the traditional recipe.
The classic recipe for lamb pilaf
- 0.5 kg of rice.
- 0.5 kg of lamb.
- 300 g carrots.
- 3 onions.
- 50 g lamb fat.
- 0.5 art. vegetable oil.
- Spice blend for pilaf.
- Cut the lamb into small pieces and fry over high heat. Fry should be until the crust.
- Then dice the onions and add to the meat. After a couple of minutes, chop the carrots into small strips and add to the same place. Fry meat and vegetables thoroughly.
- Add salt and spices.
- Pre-soaked rice is added to meat and vegetables. Fill all with hot water, pouring it very slowly, so as not to disturb the layer of rice. Make sure that the rice is covered with water the width of two fingers.
- After the pilaf boils, turn on high heat for five minutes. Then do the middle fire, cover the pilaf with the lid and simmer until tender.
- In no case do not interfere pilaf!
- Before serving, the pilaf must be gently mixed.
How much to cook lamb
Lamb meat is very tender, so it is important not to overdo it on fire, otherwise it will become dry. First of all, it refers to the meat of adult sheep.
How to cook lamb
Very often, lamb is stiff and tasteless. The thing is that for different dishes fit different parts of the lamb.
- Breast and neck - for boiled meat.
- Back leg - for steak, roasting and roasting in the oven.
- Brisket, sirloin - for chops.
- Breast, spatula - for lamb stew.
How to cook lamb in the oven
- 2 kg of leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp. l mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. l honey
- Lemon Peel
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Herbs for pickle to taste
- Take a small container and mix herbs (rosemary, oregano, marjoram or thyme), mustard, honey, pepper, lemon zest and chopped garlic. The resulting marinade, rub the leg of lamb, wrap in foil and leave overnight in the refrigerator. If desired, add olive oil or vinegar to the marinade.
- The oven must be heated to 220 degrees.
- Salt the pickled leg of lamb and place on a wire rack above the baking tray. During baking, fat will drain on a baking sheet.
- Bake the lamb in the oven for 20 minutes. Then you need to turn down the fire and leave the lamb to bake for another 1 hour.
- Make sure that the meat does not begin to char. Otherwise, it must be covered with foil.
- Before you slice the leg of lamb, let it stand for 10 minutes. After that, the meat can be served to the table with wine and the resulting gravy.
The article lists the most popular recipes for cooking lamb. We hope you enjoy each of them, and you will indulge your household with delicious dishes.
Date: 08.10.2018, 16:39 / Views: 43553
Children's crafts from plastic bottles
Teacher's Day Card
A tree that attracts money
Kim Kardashian returns to fashion pink hair color
Amazingly simple way to freshen up the room