How to cook kvass from rye flour - 4 step-by-step recipe
Hello! In the article I will tell you how to cook kvass from rye flour at home. Rye kvass refers to summer drinks that perfectly refresh and treat the body at the expense of useful properties in the composition. But remember about contraindications, because this wonderful drink can not be used by everyone.
Acceptance of kvass is one of the easiest options for the prevention and treatment of diseases, improving well-being. It consists of amino acids that the human body needs, but does not produce them itself - threonine and lysine. Consider 4 step-by-step recipe for making kvass from rye flour.
- 0.5 kg of rye flour;
- 8 liters of boiled water;
- 15-20 g of yeast (fresh);
- 10 g sugar.
- Fill the yeast with warm water, wait for it to "swell."
- Make flour out of flour. When adding water, keep the ratio of 1: 1 (0.5 liters of flour should be 0.5 liters of water).
- Add sugar, warm water and last but not least - yeast.
- All components mix well, leave for a day. During this time, the dough will ferment.
- Pour the dough with water, leave at room temperature.
- Liquid strain through gauze, put it for two days in a cold place.
- Classic rye brew ready. The recipe is similar to kvass from bread.
Recipe for rye kvass without yeast
Kvass without yeast is prepared on the basis of rye sourdough. For the thick, which promotes fermentation, use flour or crackers. The drink is made in two stages, the first is the preparation of the leaven.
Stage number 1. Cooking sourdough
From this amount of ingredients, 10 liters of kvass are obtained:
- 0.5 kg and 0.5 l of rye flour, water;
- sugar - 20 g;
- raisins - 15 pcs.
- Mix flour, sugar and water.
- To speed fermentation, add raisins.
- For a can filled with a thick, leave in a warm place. Use the starter in a few days, when the thickening will turn cloudy, acquire an acidic taste.
Stage number 2. Making kvass
- rye crackers or flour - 200 g;
- boiled water;
- sugar - 4 tsp.
- Take a three-liter jar, first add the flour (crackers) and half of the prepared sugar.
- Fill the components with warm water around the neck.
- Cover the container with a cloth, leave to infuse for one or two days, like kvass from chicory.
- Drink strain, add the rest of the sugar.
- To release carbon dioxide, keep the brew at room temperature in open plastic bottles.
- When the bottles are hard, put them in the fridge.
The third of the thick which remained as a result of cooking can be used next time. In this case, for the preparation of the leaven, except for the thick, they use only flour and water. The shelf life of the starter when stored in the refrigerator is several months.
How to make homemade white kvass from rye flour
The basis of homemade white kvass - malt and coarse rye flour. Berries, spices, herbs and honey are added on request. In appearance, the drink is similar to kvass from oats, the recipes of which I have considered in this article.
The composition of the leaven:
- 800 ml of water;
- four glasses of flour;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l. (can be replaced with honey).
- flour and sugar (you can use honey) - 4 tbsp. l .;
- rye malt - 2 tbsp. l. (in the absence of a component, cook without it);
- cold water;
- light raisins - about 15-20 pcs.
- First make a leaven.Pour water into a large bowl, gradually add flour, then sugar. Mix thoroughly to completely dissolve sugar. Fill a large capacity with the starter, since in a small-sized container it can “escape” by increasing in volume.
- Put the leaven in a warm place, soak for two days. To enhance the fermentation, mix in the process once or twice. Sourdough ready, if there was a sour taste.
- Add flour, sugar, malt, water and raisins to the prepared base. Insist on gauze in a warm place.
- After 48 hours, drain the liquid, which is a young white kvass made from rye flour, add a little honey or sugar to it, re-insist under gauze, but in the fridge.
- One or two days is enough.
Re-use the remaining grounds, each time adding malt, flour and sugar.
How to cook rustic kvass
To get the kvass, cooked according to the village recipe, pre-dry the bread, cut into slices.
- a loaf of rye bread;
- 4-5 liters of boiling water;
- 100 g of sugar;
- yeast in the amount of 25-30 g;
- 50 g raisins, a small amount of mint.
- Put the crackers in the pan, cover with water.
- Insist on about three hours. Then strain the liquid, add the yeast and sugar. Use raisins and mint as desired.
- After 6-7 hours of fermentation, when the beverage foams, re-strain it. Add sugar if desired.
The benefits and harm of kvass rye flour
What is useful rye kvass
Rye brew is used not only to quench thirst, but also for the prevention of disease, as well as a diabetic product. Drink helps to get rid of beriberi, has a beneficial effect on the body, normalizes metabolism, improves well-being.
Useful for people who have low acidity gastritis. It is recommended to take with weak immunity, violations in the work of the heart. The components have a positive effect on the enamel of the teeth, help get rid of dysbiosis, improve the condition of hypertension, rid the body of diseased cells. Drink does not violate the results when dieting.
With the introduction of the product in the diet eliminates mental and physical stress, fatigue, weakness, heartburn. After use, digestion is normalized, the kidneys, liver, eyesight improves.There are positive changes in the structure of the blood, slags are released.
The positive properties of kvass allow it to be used in diseases of the skin, cardiovascular system. With its help, it is possible to remove acne, clean the skin from freckles.
Contraindications and harm
You should not drink a drink to drivers, because it contains a small percentage of alcohol. The product is contraindicated in the period of carrying, feeding a child, children under seven years. From reception should be abandoned for ulcers, gastritis.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of homemade kvass made from rye flour. The composition is represented by a multitude of minerals and amino acids, vitamins. Homemade product used for medicinal purposes. You simply use a pleasant-tasting drink and at the same time heals and nourishes the body with useful substances. There are some contraindications that must be taken into account, however, most people can afford to receive in moderation.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:41 / Views: 55373
Technique of invisible seam on knitted products
Crochet booties for baby shoes
50 Ideas of old chairs
Valentine's Day Love Birds
Repair the ceiling in the living room
Arrangement of furniture in a studio apartment
Create a patchwork plaid Fish - the inhabitants of the water