Fungus on the walls: how to get rid?
Mold is a source of numerous dangerous diseases of the body. And therefore be in the room, affected by the fungus, in any case impossible. It is necessary to fight the pest immediately after the first signs of its presence appear - in this case, a successful outcome of the case is more likely.
What is important to know about mold?
- If the mold has managed to hit the surface over its entire depth, then it will be possible to get rid of it only by removing the infected fragment. Of course, only professionals should do this.
- When removing a fungus, it is important to ensure reliable protection. In particular, a face mask, so as not to inhale the pores of mold that scatter in the process of work.
- In a room where mold is removed, there must be very good ventilation.
Get rid of the fungus on the walls for the longest period, or even forever, only by determining the cause of its appearance. In the list of the most "popular" factors provoking the appearance of treacherous stains on the walls, ceiling, floor, the following can be identified:
- poor hydro, thermal insulation of walls, floors;
- ground moisture;
- the poor state of the plumbing system (pipes leakage, condensate formation on them);
- poor ventilation in the room;
- leaks in the drain.
If there is at least one of these problems, then the risk of mold appearance / return will always remain.
Remove mold stains
For work you will need:
- protective suit and mask, gloves;
- rough metal brush;
- brush or spray bottle;
- mold remedy.
How to clean the mold?
It is better to choose professional anti-mold chemicals:
- Fungicides, which include boron;
- Silicone resin based paints, silicate paints, as well as fungicidal and dispersion paints. They should be applied to a primed surface;
- Primers with antibacterial, antifungal effects.
Traditional methods in the form of using, for example, vinegar, are not so effective. And therefore they will not give a long and high-quality result.
How to remove mold: instructions
- Check if the plaster is moving away from the walls in places of fungal stains. To do this, just tap the wall.If in some place you hear a dull sound, then the plaster in this place is damaged by dampness. It is necessary to remove the “sick” fragment and replace it with a new one.
- Next, the infected surface, as well as the area adjacent to it (within a radius of at least 1 meter), cover with a brush or spray with an anti-mold agent. Clearly follow the instructions for the product you purchased. Avoid getting the composition on the skin, clothing, interior items, etc.
- To remove the mold, walk on it with a stiff metal brush. For convenience, you can use a drill with a special brush-nozzle. At this point, it is especially important to cover your face with a mask and to ventilate the room well. It is also important to exclude the presence in the room where the cleaning is carried out from the fungus, various things, furniture, etc., because the pores just sit on these items, infecting them. If you can not completely remove things from the room, carefully close them with plastic. The latter will be better disposed of after use.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:42 / Views: 95195
How to save money on installing doors
7 exercises that you can do right on the job
What are the causes of premature ejaculation and how to treat it
How to choose makeup courses
How to make redevelopment of a two-room apartment
DIY Easter Toy
What is the difference between brown and white chicken eggs
Ring saw from a tin can