Elderberry jam recipe
Nature gives us almost everything that is needed for health. Forest medicines can be very tasty. For example, a simple recipe for elderberry jam with honey is shown below. This is not only a delicacy, but also an active assistant in the fight against colds, low immunity and autumn blues.
- Cooking time:40 minutes
Black elderberry jam: benefits and contraindications
Black berry sweet medicine is a unique culinary product. Its use is not limited to the treatment and prevention of colds. Properly prepared jam can help with a number of problems:
- optimizes the work of the pancreas;
- improves blood circulation and metabolism;
- has a mild laxative and diuretic effect;
- can be used as a light choleretic;
- the use of elderberry is indicated for various tumors, including malignant and mastopathy;
- different pronounced diaphoretic and antipyretic effects;
- boosts immunity and overall tone.
Not every sweet has such a set of useful qualities. However, both fresh and boiled black elderberry berries in syrup have contraindications:
- you should not use them too much, tannins can cause nausea and even vomiting or diarrhea;
- Elderberry is contraindicated for pregnant, lactating and children under 12 years old;
- caution should be used sweet medicine suffering from diabetes and chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- individual intolerance is possible.
Any medicine, even if it is a plant product, should be used with caution.
How to cook healthy elderberry jam
In order to preserve the sweet medicine vitamins and beneficial properties, it should be prepared with the addition of honey, not sugar. In extreme cases, you can take crystalline fructose or other natural substitutes. If you do not imagine life without sugar, then take unrefined cane.
- ripe black elderberry - 1 kg;
- mixed or lime honey - 250-280 g;
- 250 ml of boiling water.
- washed berries put in a thick-bottomed pot, mash them in a mashed potatoes, if there is a desire - wipe through a sieve;
- heat the mashed potatoes on a very slow fire, stirring continuously until it boils down twice;
- Dissolve honey with boiling water, pour in boiled puree, mix thoroughly and immediately pour into sterile jars.
Store medicinal dessert should be in the refrigerator. Add it to tea, make juice, you can fill them with fruit salads or mix with cottage cheese.
Black elderberry is a strong medicine given to us by nature. Use caution when using it.
Date: 09.10.2018, 12:43 / Views: 31141
Millet porridge on milk. How to cook
How do girls gain weight
What to do if a child has diffuse attention syndrome
How to make money on polls